We are looking for an outgoing, energetic social butterfly that wants to become a part of the Twelve Bridges Vision Care Family. If you love to learn, be around people, and work with designer brands this could be the perfect opportunity for you. We are looking for someone with minimum TWO YEARS EXPERIENCE in the optical industry, Licensed Optician is preferred, but also interested in a well-built resume with contributing experience.
Design, measure, fit, and adapt lenses and frames for client according to written optical prescription or specification. Assist client with selecting frames. Prepare work order for optical laboratory containing instructions for grinding and mounting lenses in frames. Verify exactness of finished lens spectacles. Adjust frame and lens position to fit client. May shape or reshape frames.
- Assist patients in selecting frames according to style and color, and ensure that frames are coordinated with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
- Measure patient’s bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and optical centers of eyes, using measuring devices.
- Verify that finished lenses are ground to specifications.
- Heat, shape, or bend plastic or metal frames in order to adjust eyeglasses to fit clients, using pliers and hands.
- Recommend specific lenses, lens coatings, and frames to suit client needs.
- Prepare work orders and instructions for grinding lenses and fabricating eyeglasses.
- Evaluate prescriptions in conjunction with patients’ vocational and avocational visual requirements.
- Determine patients’ current lens prescriptions, when necessary, using lensometer or lens analyzers and patients’ eyeglasses.
- Obtain a patient’s previous record, or verify a prescription with the examining optometrist or ophthalmologist
- Repair damaged frames.
- Maintain records of customer prescriptions, work orders, and payments.
- Perform administrative duties such as tracking inventory and sales, submitting patient insurance information, and performing simple bookkeeping.
- Instruct patients in how to wear and care for eyeglasses.
- Show patients how to insert, remove, and care for their contact lenses.
- Arrange and maintain displays of optical merchandise.
- $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Optical: 2 years (Required)
- Optician (Preferred)